Monday, February 20, 2012

Letter #2

I made brownies last night and it made me remember your last birthday shortly before you went to Stanford. We wanted to plan this beautiful elaborate birthday party for you, maybe a super nice dinner or something, but you were sick so we had to just put in on the back burner.

I had seen a recipe online for Ranch Pork Chops and since Kris isn't a pork eater, it was the perfect time to make it, for your birthday at home!! It was just you, me, Mommy and Nevaeh at the house and I brought over all of the fixins for your special birthday dinner: Pork Chops, green beans and also carrot cake and brownie mix!

What a bad influence I am bringing over a carrot cake and brownie mix knowing your diabetic, but a little bit wouldn't hurt you. Plus it's your birthday! I decided to make the brownies a little more special, remember? I made caramel coconut brownie and Nevaeh got so mad because she just wanted plain brownies. We had so much fun that night.....  Nevaeh helped you blow out the candles at the carrot cake and then the pork chops were so yummy!!

I am glad I did that for you for your birthday. You seemed so happy even though you were still a little sick after just getting home from Washington Hospital. The four of us enjoyed the meal and hanging out.

It makes me upset and sad and heartbroken that I will never be able to make you dinner or a dessert or share a birthday with you. There's so much still that I want to share with you. So much.

No comments:

Post a Comment